Barrow Borough Sports Council are pleased to announce their forthcoming Annual Sports Awards to be held on Friday 19th November 2010 at Barrow Town Hall.
However, before the event, we will require nominations for successful clubs, teams, groups and individuals over the past year. There are 6 different categories within the Awards, and they are:
• Service to Sport - This award will be presented to individuals who have contributed long service to sport. These individuals may not necessary be participants, but have given their time to such roles as secretary, treasurer, committee member, groundsperson, etc.
• Junior Team - This award will be presented to a successful under 17 team.
• Open Age Team - This award will be presented to a successful over 16 team. This could be a whole club that may include all ages.
• Junior Sportsperson - This award will be presented to any sportsperson under the age of 17.
• Adult Sportsperson - This award will be presented to any sportsperson over the age of 16.
• Young Sports Volunteer - This award will be presented to any young person under the age of 20, who has volunteered within sport over the past year.
If an individual is being nominated, they need to live within Barrow Borough, and if a team, club, group or organisation is being nominated, they need to be located within the Borough.
Nomination forms need to be submitted no later than noon on Friday 1st October 2010. You can also find the Barrow Borough Sports Council nomination form on our website www.barrowsportscouncil.org.uk where you can submit on line. For further information please contact Chris Athersmith on 01229 845927 or email@example.com