Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Queen''s Diamond Jubilee Street Parties and Olympic and Paralympic parties

Barrow Borough Council is inviting organisers of street parties to make applications for Road Closures. The Government has produced a step-by-step guide with practical advice for anyone looking to hold a street party to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee, the Big Jubilee Lunch, or the 2012 Olympics or Paralympics. It addresses some of the popular myths surrounding street parties and sets the record straight on what is actually needed (including information on road closures, charges, playing music and insurance) as well as providing links to external organisations who offer support and advice to those looking to organise their own street parties.

The guidance includes a model street party form showing the sort of information local authorities will need to know about the event. If you wish to hold a street party in Barrow Borough can you please complete this standard form. Forms are available to down load from ...

or printed copies are available from Barrow Town Hall.

Barrow Borough Council is not charging a fee for closing a road to hold a street party. We do however ask that you get applications into us as soon as possible and by no later than 1st May, 2012.

Completed forms should be returned to Brenda Gill, Legal Services Department, Barrow Town Hall, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2LD Tel 876346.

If you require any further information please contact Mrs Ann Taylforth Town Centre and Festivals Manager on 01229 876389 or Brenda Gill in the Council’s Legal Section on 01229 876346.

No comments:

Post a Comment