More than 270 000 people suffer a heart attack every year. 12 young people die of a sudden cardiac arrest each week.
Your help could be vital – but do you know what to do?
Spending 2 hours of your life will give you the skills to try and save another person’s life. It could be a family member or someone you know.
Skills you will learn include:
· General care of a casualty including the procedure for obtaining help
· Dealing with an unconscious person
· Giving rescue breaths
· Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
· Dealing with choking
· Dealing with serious bleeding
· Dealing with a suspected heart attack casualty
· Demonstration on the use of a Defibrillator
Free training courses at Barrow Fire Station!
Wednesday 15th April 10-12
Wednesday 22nd April 2-4pm
Thursday 30th April 5-7pm
If you would like to book on one of these sessions or book a session for a community group please contact:
Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service
Barrow Fire Station -01229 407800 or email